United Companies participates in E-Verify, an electronic employment verification program operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in a partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA), to verify the eligibility of newly hired employees.Learn More About Everify
- Each driver must have a valid driver’s license issued by the state of proposed employment, or state of residence to operate the class of vehicle to be driven and meet all state regulations required to operate a PTI vehicle in that particular state. Driving or having a suspended or revoked license is grounds for immediate dismissal.
- Minimum of 7 years personal driving experience.
- Each driver must pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- A Three Year Motor Vehicle Record check on each driver must disclose:
- No prior history of drug or alcohol related traffic convictions.
- A maximum of two moving violations in last three years.
- A maximum of one accident in last three years.
- No suspensions or revocations in the last five years.
- No trend of risky behavior that would jeopardize the safety of our customers regardless of time frame.
- No point total, based on internal behavioral assessment, that exceeds maximum allowable points.
- No unreported citations indicative of unsafe or risky behavior regardless of the time frame.
In addition to criteria above drivers must not demonstrate a threat to the safe transportation of our customers or pose a risk to other PTI employees or the general public, via internal risk assessment tools. The internal assessment tools are, but are not limited to, safety hotline complaints, customer complaints, observations and/or driver skill assessments.
- A driver must not have a physical impairment which could affect safe driving or otherwise prevent him or her from performing the elements of the job with any reasonable accommodation as may be required under the American with Disabilities Act.
- Each driver must be able to read, write and converse in English.
- Each driver must be able to read and understand road maps.
- Each driver must pass a Driving Performance Test.
Drivers must meet these requirements and all other requirements as determined by PTI, its customers and/or its insurance company, at all times to remain employed as a PTI driver.