Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Be a Part of the Nation’s Largest Rail Crew Transportation Company!
About PTI – “Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way”:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations. Taking place thousands of times a day, these trips can range from a few miles to a few hundred miles.
About the Position:
The District Manager is responsible for the safety and day to day operations of the field locations within their division. The Branch Managers will report to the District Manager. The District Manager is responsible for achieving financial and other Company goals and objectives as compared to financial and operations budgets and forecasts. Meeting or exceeding customer requirements by maintaining a 95% on-time performance level and ensure world class customers relations are maintained at the field level with our local railroad customers. As required, special projects will also be a part of the District Manager responsibilities.
- Foster a culture of safety across area of responsibility. This is accomplished by providing behavioral support as needed to ensure training objectives are met, quality hiring processes are adhered to and safety accountability is the norm. The key metric for this activity will be improvement in Accident Frequency Ratio.
- Manage and direct all aspects of the day to day field operations. On time performance of at least 95% is achieved through disciplined execution and communication of established performance processes. Ensure field operations are properly staffed and assets are efficiently utilized.
- Establish and maintain regular, every other week minimum, conference calls with location leaders to review current operational issues. Lead and participate in cross-functional meetings with our safety, fleet and corporate leaders to assure compliance with company and departmental policies and expectations.
Customer Relations and Field Visits
- Establish and build positive relationships with railroad personnel, both in the field as well corporate level where appropriate. Regular field visits to PTI locations should include visits with local Trainmasters, Superintendents and other field level leaders. Support customer satisfaction efforts by monitoring Customer Survey responses and take corrective action where customer service fails to meet or exceed their requirements.
- Ensure fleet operations meet the company and customer requirements for safety, service and quality. Manage fleet resources with your branches to maintain a “right-sized” to support performance goals.
- Meet or exceed targeted financial and operating goals and objectives such as profitability vs. budget, by managing wage costs (includes overtime, company business, training costs), efficient travel habits for direct reports, minimizing waste, and maximizing performance incentives/minimizing penalties.
- Work closely with the Fleet Manager(s) to oversee and monitor the maintenance budget and take corrective action when costs exceed budgeted amounts by working closely with the Branch Managers to control repairs. This is achieved through addressing the behavioral actions of direct reports that have an adverse effect on cost.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred.
- Minimum of five years successful operations management experience.
- Demonstrated experience solving various operations problems by developing and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of contracts, legal documents, and related negotiations skills preferred.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of customer service and be able to deal effectively with customers at all organizational levels and in all situations.
- Must have a thorough and proven knowledge of quality concepts and ability to provide strategic and tactical quality leadership.
- Must have a sound knowledge of information and telecommunications technology. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc., are required.
- Willingness and ability to travel overnight and weekends as business needs dictate.