Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Temporary Human Resources Assistant
Professional Transportation, Inc.
Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI) is seeking to hire a temporary HR Assistant. This individual would be focused on recruiting for various positions and will actively participate in other day to day Human Resources duties supporting the overall department strategy. This is a temporary role that is not expected to last more than 6 months. This position can be either a full or part time temporary opportunity. This position will be focused on completing various tasks and projects to support the HR team through a major transition in our payroll and HR systems.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- Recruitment – job postings, reviewing resumes, and conducting interviews; sourcing candidates as needed
- Monitoring the recruitment inbox and social media pages and providing timely responses
- Assisting with open interview setup for branch locations nationwide and attending local job fairs in Evansville area
- Gathering information and responding to unemployment claims and wage audit requests for state agencies
- Overall HR administration duties – filing, scanning, handling mail, reporting, auditing, data entry
- Special projects as assigned
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have at least 2 years of prior recruitment/HR/administrative experience;
- Be self-motivated, success oriented, and organized;
- Have a college degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field;
- Have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills;
- Have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Can maintain confidentiality;
- Have previous experience in the transportation, warehouse, retail, or restaurant industry.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer