Thank you for your interest in joining our team! We are always looking for safe, dependable, customer service focused dispatchers to help us transport railroad crew members nationwide. As a dispatcher for PTI, you are responsible for helping to safely transport our customers to their destination on time, while following federal, state, and local traffic laws, as well as PTI’s policies and procedures.
About the Position:
Dispatch drivers to safely transport railroad personnel and provide field support to drivers, field management, and railroad personnel regarding trips.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promote safety and on time performance to all drivers.
• Document every action taken on every trip dispatched.
• Answer every call promptly and professionally, staying Available as much as possible.
• Call primary and secondary phone numbers for each driver in order of rotation for trip coverage.
• Give complete, accurate information to each driver on each trip to be dispatched.
• When necessary, call railroads to obtain information about trips.
• Maintain an accurate Rotation for each city in the region being worked.
• Check Workspace for pending trips in your region.
• Maintain a neat, clean, and organized station for the duration of the shift.
• Call cab companies when required to help with driver shortages or when required by the location of trip.
• Work overtime as required, even if hours are not those of the employee’s regular shift.
• Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Dispatch General Manager.
Minimal computer and telephone experience.
*Please note that we recruit for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Professional Transportation, Inc.!
Please complete the fields below. Those marked with an asterisk (*) are required fields.