Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Be a Part of the Nation’s Largest Rail Crew Transportation Company!
About PTI – “Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way”:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations. Taking place thousands of times a day, these trips can range from a few miles to a few hundred miles.
About the Position:
The Assistant Branch Manager is responsible for helping with the operating performance of the individual PTI location(s) assigned to them. The Assistant Branch Manager will work with the Branch Manager to achieve both individual and Company goals and objectives while exceeding the customer’s needs for safe and reliable crew transportation needs. Safety is always our #1 priority and should be a main focus of our Assistant Branch Managers. This is an entry level position.
As an Assistant Branch Manager, you would:
- Assist with Recruiting, selecting, and retaining a qualified workforce
- Help properly training and educating all employees
- Help coordinate the activities of your drivers (Scheduling, notifying dispatch, etc.)
- Help monitor and evaluate the performance of your drivers
- Help monitor and make sure regular maintenance is done on all vehicles
- Maintain a healthy employer/employee relationship not only with your employees but also with the railroad
- Maintain the lines of communication between the company and the railroad
- Be responsive to the needs of Dispatch
- Meet the needs and requests of the home office in Evansville, IN
- Promote and practice safety awareness
- Insure that policies and procedures set forth by the company are followed
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Help to meet or exceed location(s) Goals and Objectives
*This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
- 1+ Years of Management Experience
- Team Management Skills
- Customer Service Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Basic Financial Skills
- Training/Coaching Skills
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience With Hiring, Training, Coaching, and Terminating
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.