Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, outgoing, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Come be a part of a growing organization as an Auto Ramp Services Manager!
About Auto Ramp Services (ARS) – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Auto Ramp Services (ARS) is a proud part of Professional Transportation, Inc. which has been providing services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing reliable and safe auto loading and unloading services. ARS is contracted to provide top notch quality service to the railroad industry. The railroad provides PTI with a location that unloads and warehouses new and used vehicles for the trucking industry to pick up and deliver to the dealer. ARS unloads the railcars according to industry standards that meets or exceeds our customers’ expectations. ARS also provides 24/7 gate administration and checkpoint services for the facility while engaged in inventory control.
As Auto Ramp Services Manager, you would be responsible for the operations of the PTI location(s) assigned to you. The ARS Manager will work to achieve both individual and company goals while ensuring that our customer’s needs are met. Safety is always our #1 priority and is a main focus for our ARS Managers. All unloaders and checkpoint personnel report directly to the ARS Manager.
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding qualified personnel
- Training and educating all employees on safety requirements, company procedures, etc.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures set forth by the company and our customer are followed
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities of unloaders and checkpoint personnel (scheduling, working with trucking companies, etc.)
- Monitoring and assisting with the performance of your unloaders, actively taking part in the unload processes
- Monitoring and making sure checkpoint follows procedure for inventory control (scanning out loaded inventory)
- Maintain the lines of communication between the company and our railroad customers
- Being responsive to the needs of our customer while the schedule varies from day to day to ensure compliance
- Promoting and practicing safety awareness
- Daily reporting and communication with the customer
- Full Time position
- Must be available to work some weekends and some holidays
- Early morning start time @ 7:00 AM
- Management experience of multiple individuals/teams
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule and be dependable
- Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and an extensive background check (no felonies in last 7 years)
- Have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Must be able to operate and drive vehicles with manual transmission
- Must be in good physical shape to climb ladders (15’ to 20’ to enter railcars)
- Not be afraid of heights
- Must be able to learn and follow very strict guidelines and to instruct employees of the same
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Multiple benefit plan options
- Paid vacation time
- 401(K) Retirement
- On the job training
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.