Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Human Resources Leader
United Companies/Professional Transportation, Inc.
We are looking for a Human Resources Professional to become a part of our HR Leadership Team. This person will be responsible for much of the following: strategic planning, process improvement initiatives, leadership, recruitment, performance management, training & development, talent management, benefits and HR administration. The title with be commensurate with capabilities and experience. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President, Chief People Officer and will directly support 2 departments within our HR team. This position will travel as business needs require but typically ~25%.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- overseeing the recruitment and selection processes
- designing and implementing organizational development programs, policies and procedures; lead succession planning efforts
- developing relationships throughout the organization at all levels
- leading training design and implementation for both on-site and remove environments; develop and deliver training
- ensuring legal compliance throughout human resource management; ensure positive employee & labor relations
- leading and developing a team of HR professionals
- nurturing a positive working environment
- overseeing and managing a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- identifying, researching, and implementing HR best practices aligned to business objectives
- providing support as a business partner and handling any complaints or employee relation issues
- labor relations and being an active member with our union representatives
- benefits administration and support
Our ideal candidate would:
- have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related business field
- have a minimum of 7 plus years of progressive, results-oriented experience in Human Resources including demonstrated expertise in Organizational and Employee Development
- have union and labor relations experience and posses working knowledge of contracts and legal documents
- have experience working in a multi-state/multi-location environment
- have a sound understanding of employment laws, affirmative action, and other government compliance regulations, and their application
- have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and be comfortable in front of large and small groups of customers and our own company C-suite
- must have a thorough knowledge of customer service excellence and be able to deal effectively with customers in all situations
- have the ability to think logically and quickly, applying both law and common sense and objectively conduct investigations
- have the ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- a SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications
- have previous experience in the transportation industry, preferably with passenger transportation
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.