Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, outgoing, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nations largest rail crew transportation company as our new Director of Operations!
About PTI Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
As a PTI Director of Operations, you would be responsible for the safety and day to day operations of the field locations within your division. The Director of Operations will work to achieve both individual and company goals while ensuring that our customers needs are met. You will work to achieve the companys financial goals by comparing financial and operating budgets/forecasts. You will work to achieve and maintain a 95% on-time performance level and maintain positive relationships with our local railroad customers. Special projects may also be required as a part of the Director of Operations responsibilities. All management within the assigned division will report to the Director of Operations.
- Training and educating all employees on safety requirements, company procedures, etc. to help improve the companies Accident Frequency Ratio
- Ensuring that policies and procedures set forth by the company are followed
- Ensure field operations are properly staffed and assets are efficiently utilized
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of your managers
- Establish and maintain regular, every other week minimum, conference calls with location leaders to review current operational issues
- Lead and participate in cross-functional meetings with our safety, fleet, and corporate leaders to discuss operations
- Helping to maintain the lines of communication between the company and our railroad customers
- Regularly visit your PTI locations to visit with local management and local Trainmasters, Superintendents, and other field level leaders
- Manage fleet resources with your branches to operations are running properly
- Help to manage wage costs including overtime, company business, training costs, etc.
- Work closely with the Fleet Manager(s) to oversee and monitor the maintenance budget for each branch and take corrective action when costs exceed budgeted amounts
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelors degree in relevant field preferred
- Five to seven years of related management/supervisory/operations experience
- Previous multi-location management experience
- Previous experience with recruitment, training, safety, and fleet management
- Must be able to pass a post offer drug screening, MVR, and homeland security background check
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and supervisory skills
- Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment
- Ability to travel overnight and weekends as business needs require
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Medical, dental, vision, and multiple supplemental benefit plan options available
- Paid vacation time
- 401(K) retirement options
- Company provided vehicle, fuel card, company credit card, and CLC (Corporate Lodging Card) for travel/business related expenses
- Safety recognition awards and incentives
- On the job training
- Discounted cell phone plans for Verizon and AT&T
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.