Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, organized, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nation’s largest rail crew transportation company as our new Dispatch Supervisor!
About PTI – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
As a PTI Dispatch Supervisor, you would be working for our 365/24/7 Dispatch Center. PTI Dispatch Supervisors oversee the dispatch department that is responsible for dispatching our drivers to transport railroad crew members wherever the railroad customers request. This position will also be responsible for making sure Dispatchers are maintaining driver rotations/trip lists using PTI software and professionally answering calls from drivers, field managers, and railroad personnel. This heavily technology-based position will require long hours of computer, typing, and mouse use.
- Manage your team of dispatch specialists to promote a working team environment
- Ensure that PTI policies and procedures are being followed
- Provide coaching/trainings to employees regarding the quality of their work, reliability, and productivity
- Administer corrective action when necessary
- Ensure that team members are following the corporate attendance policy
- Oversee call volume to ensure service standards are met
- Serve as a point of escalation for calls requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve customer issues and ensure timely resolution in a professional manner
- Demonstrate ability to identify and understand customer issues, resolve customer inquiries, and develop appropriate solutions quickly
- Additional duties as assigned by the Dispatch Manager
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Prior experience in a call center/dispatch environment
- College degree in business related field (preferred but not required)
- Strong leadership/supervisory skills
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary
- Be self-motivated, independent, and success oriented
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conversational skills
- Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Multiple benefit plan options including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Paid vacation time, sick time, holiday pay, along with the opportunity for overtime
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- Discounted cell phone plans for Verizon and AT&T
- Free gym membership to any Planet Fitness location in the Evansville, Henderson, or Owensboro area
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.