Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
NOW OFFERING NEW HIGHER WAGES!
Are you a problem solver? Like looking at trends?
Have past customer service experience? Enjoy your independence?
Need something to fill up your free time and earn a little extra money? Do you need a more flexible schedule?
Would you like to have an opportunity to advance with a company?
Could you be the Dispatcher we need?
Perks of working for PTI:
- No heavy lifting/long distance walking involved
- Supplement retirement income
- Room for advancement within the company
- Medical insurance after probation period
- Holiday Pay after probation period (must have worked)
- Meet interesting people
- Paid vacation time after 1 year with company
- 401(k) after 1 year with the company
- Drug free work force
- On the job training
- Discounted cellphone plans on contracted plans
- Work out of the elements
- Personal Days – 3 Unpaid Days
Interested? You will need to meet the following:
- Ability to multitask
- Have attention to detail
- Have the ability to problem solve
- Be able to work with and meet deadlines
- Be able to stay calm when under pressure
- Be able to provide world class customer service
- Experience with multiline phone systems is preferred
- Basic knowledge and skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic and general computer knowledge
What would you be doing?
Dispatch our drivers to transport railroad crew personnel, maintaining driver rotation and trip lists for cities in a region (using a customized software for PTI), and professionally answering calls from drivers and railroad crews regarding trips (like for a taxi). This position will require long hours of computer, typing, and mouse use.
Essential Job Duties:
As a Dispatcher, you would be responsible for:
- Promoting safety and on time performance to all drivers
- Documenting every action taken on every trip dispatched
- Answering every call promptly and professionally, staying available as much as possible
- Calling primary and secondary phone numbers for each driver in order of rotation for trip coverage
- Give complete, accurate information to each driver on each trip to be dispatched
- When necessary, call railroads to obtain information about trips
- Maintaining an accurate rotation for each city in the region being worked
- Checking workspace for pending trips in your region
- Maintaining a neat, clean, and organized station for the duration of the shift
- Calling cab companies when required to help with driver shortages or when required by the location of trip
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Dispatch Manager
*This job description does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the Company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.