Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Dispatcher – 2nd or 3rd Shift
Professional Transportation, Inc.
Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI) is seeking to hire Dispatchers for our 365/24/7 Dispatch Center. This position is responsible for dispatching our drivers to transport railroad crew personnel, maintaining driver rotation and trip lists for cities in a region (using a customized software for PTI), and professionally answering calls from drivers and railroad crews regarding trips (like for a taxi). This position will require long hours of computer, typing, and mouse use. No experience is required. Schedule options are available.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- Promoting safety and on time performance to all drivers
- Documenting every action taken on every trip dispatched
- Answering every call promptly and professionally, staying available as much as possible
- Calling primary and secondary phone numbers for each driver in order of rotation for trip coverage
- Give complete, accurate information to each driver on each trip to be dispatched
- When necessary, call railroads to obtain information about trips
- Maintaining an accurate rotation for each city in the region being worked
- Checking workspace for pending trips in your region
- Maintaining a neat, clean, and organized station for the duration of the shift
- Calling cab companies when required to help with driver shortages or when required by the location of trip
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor or Dispatch Manager
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have prior experience in a call center/dispatch environment and/or customer service experience
- Be self-motivated, success oriented, and organized
- Have excellent verbal, written, and conversational skills
- Have experience working with a multi-line phone system
- Can multi-task, be detailed oriented, and solve problems quickly
- Can stay calm under pressure and when handling conflict
- Be able to meet and complete deadlines
- Have strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel at a basic level
- Have previous experience in the transportation industry
Benefits & perks of working for PTI:
- Medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Paid vacation, sick time, holiday pay, along with the opportunity for overtime
- On the job training
- Discounted cellphone plans and automobile purchases/services through our sister Companies
- Free gym membership to Planet Fitness in Evansville/Owensboro/Henderson
- Room for advancement within the organization
To keep our employees and customers safe, PTI is following CDC recommended guidelines including:
- social distancing when available,
- wearing face coverings while transporting our customers, entering PTI and customer facilities, and in common places where social distancing guidelines can’t be met,
- and regularly cleaning and sanitizing office spaces, vehicles, and other high touch areas.
We also provide wipes and sanitizers at our branch office locations for sanitizing company vehicles and office spaces where applicable. Currently, we are requiring all PTI employees wear face coverings while on the clock, transporting our customers, and while visiting branch office locations.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.