Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, outgoing, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nation’s largest rail crew transportation company as our new District Manager!
About PTI – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
As a PTI District Manager, you would be responsible for the operations of the PTI location(s) assigned to you. The District Manager will work to achieve both individual and company goals while ensuring that our customer’s needs are met. You will work to meet/maintain a 95% on-time performance level and maintain positive relationships with our local railroad customers. Safety is always our #1 priority and should be a main focus for our District Managers. All Van Drivers and any local management would report directly to the District Manager.
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding qualified Van Drivers
- Training and educating all employees on safety requirements, company procedures, etc. to improve our Accident Frequency Ratio
- Ensuring that policies and procedures set forth by the company are followed
- Coordinating the day-to-day activities of your drivers (scheduling, working with our dispatch team, etc.)
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of your drivers
- Monitoring and making sure regular maintenance is done on all vehicles
- Helping to maintain the lines of communication between the company and our railroad customers
- Being responsive to the needs of our Dispatch team 24/7
- Promoting and practicing safety awareness
- Regularly visit your PTI locations to visit with employees and local Trainmasters, Superintendents, and other field level leaders
- Help to manage wage costs including overtime, company business, training costs, etc.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Two to three years of related management/supervisory experience
- Previous multi-location management experience is a plus
- Previous experience with recruitment, training, safety, and fleet management
- Must be able to pass a post offer drug screening, MVR, and homeland security background check
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and supervisory skills
- Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment
- Ability to travel overnight and weekends as business needs require
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Medical, dental, vision, and multiple supplemental benefit plan options available
- Paid vacation time
- 401(K) retirement options
- Company provided vehicle, fuel card, company credit card, and CLC (Corporate Lodging Card) for travel/business related expenses
- Safety recognition awards and incentives
- On the job training
- Discounted cell phone plans for Verizon and AT&T
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.