Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Be a Part of the Nation’s Largest Rail Crew Transportation Company!
About PTI – “Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way”:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations. Taking place thousands of times a day, these trips can range from a few miles to a few hundred miles.
Fleet Route Coordinator
This position is responsible for coordinating and scheduling regular and as needed maintenance and repair request for PTI field locations assigned to them. This includes but is not limited to: data-entry and accurate reporting, collecting and reviewing estimates from vendors, conducting audits and observations, safety, some light duty vehicle maintenance, and communication and customer with both internal and external customers. This position is a full-time opportunity paying $15.00 an hour.
- Coordinate and schedule all lube, oil, fluid and basic Aservices as needed
- Enter, track, monitor and maintain reports on all fleet radio, crew and mobile repairs and maintenance in the crew portal
- Collect and review all vendor estimates for repairs and collaborate with Corporate Fleet Department to obtain approval
- Conduct driver and rail yard safety observations
- Assist with snow removal and salt placement in branch operation parking lots and sidewalks
- Conduct fleet inspections and ensure all required items are equipped in all fleet vehicles
- Assist with small maintenance and repairs within the PTI location building
- Maintain communication with local managers, corporate office, vendors and customers
- Assist with simple maintenance of vehicles which could include; changing headlight, changing wiper blades, moving vehicles, checking and adding fluids, and maintaining the shop.
*This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
- At least 1 year of PTI driving experience preferred, but not required
- At least 1+ years of basic automotive repairs and maintenance
- At least 1+ years of customer service experience
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve
- Demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy.
- Demonstrate a friendly and outgoing personality with a courteous and professional presence.
- Possess strong verbal, written, and active listening skills.
- Ability to consistently meet and exceed daily goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrate strong detail orientation.
- Demonstrate strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with customers and business contacts at all levels.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as printers, copiers, faxes, scanners.
- Must possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Freedom to work outside of a building
- Supplement retirement income
- Room for advancement within the company
- Medical insurance after probation period
- Holiday Pay after probation period (must have worked)
- Meet interesting people
- Paid vacation time after 1 year with company
- 401(k) after 1 year with the company
- Safety recognition, awards, and incentives
- Drug free work force
- On the job training
- Discounted cellphone plans on contracted plans
- Personal Days – 3 Unpaid Days