Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Human Resources Intern
United Companies/Professional Transportation, Inc.
We are looking for a HR Intern to join our team and learn more about the business world and how HR makes an impact. The intern will support HR’s departmental projects and initiatives, including but not limited to:
- recruitment-related support
- clerical and filing support
- creating, reviewing, and editing documentation
- posting internet and/or intranet content updates
- posting job openings
- updating social media content
- reviewing employment candidates
- interviewing and assessing candidates
Our intern would also gain an understanding of some of our front-end pre-employment processes, such as background checks, document review for completion and accuracy, creating file folders, filing, and processing related paperwork.
Our ideal candidate would:
- be a junior or senior currently enrolled in a 4-year degree program
- have a major designation in human resources or business-related field
- have analytical thinking and complex problem-solving skills
- past leadership experience and team collaboration
- thrive in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- have excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills and be comfortable in front of large and small groups of customers and our own company employees
- must have a thorough knowledge of customer service excellence and be able to deal effectively with customers in all situations
- have the ability to think logically and quickly, applying both law and common sense and objectively conduct investigations
- have the ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer