Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Human Resources Generalist
Professional Transportation, Inc.
We are looking for an HR Generalist to join our PTI team! This person will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the HR department and business clients through activities related to Human Resources programs and procedures. Our HR Generalist supports them through all areas of HR including recruitment/onboarding, employee relations, leaves administration, HRIS management, unemployment, learning and development, and overall administration along with policy and legal compliance. This position requires confidentiality, prioritizing, and organization and report directly to the HR Manager in Evansville, IN.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- Facilitates the talent acquisition process, including sourcing and interviewing of qualified job applicants for all roles. Collaborates with managers to understand skills and competencies required for open positions.
- Assist in hiring process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews and reference checks as requested.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with college and university placement offices and faculty as a source to generate qualified applicants.
- Support business clients to develop specific recruiting strategies and maintain records on recruiting activities as required.
- Partner with supervisors and managers to address performance management issues to ensure consistency and fairness, as well as alignment with Company policy and culture.
- Counsel employees and managers when necessary to help resolve conflicts and promote development.
- Conduct complete process of internal investigations regarding formal complaints, potential policy violations, employee concerns, etc., and make recommendation for resolutions.
- Assists in the administration of employee leaves of absence (employee meetings, system processing, tracking and return to work) in accordance with Company policies and legislations ensuring consistency with all employees.
- Conduct employee training classes.
- Supports learning and development programs to ensure effective design and delivery.
- Attend outside training opportunities and developmental programs to improve skill sets.
- Respond timely to unemployment claims by using our database management system.
- Accurately provide documentation to our database management system to fight claims in all states.
- Work with Managers to ensure appropriate defense/offense in unemployment hearings.
- Complete wage audits as requested.
- Act as administrative liaison between HR and Payroll.
- Respond timely to appropriate requests for information related to pay, employment verifications, etc.
- Coordinate updates to the company’s Policy & Procedures, employee handbook, training, and other employee and recruiting documents.
- Assist with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Aid in the implementation and management of the company’s HRIS/ATS systems.
- Assist with the planning of special events and associate activities, building into a dynamic and fun culture.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Associates Degree in a business-related field required; or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Have at least 2+ years of Human Resources experience.
- Travel as business needs may require, currently expect to be ~15%.
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy.
- Demonstrate a friendly and outgoing personality with a courteous and professional presence.
- Possess strong verbal, written, and active listening skills.
- Consistently meet and exceed daily goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrate strong detail orientation, strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Have strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with customers and business contacts at all levels.
- Have strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as printers, copiers, faxes, scanners.
- Have the ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Business, Human Resources, or related field preferred.
- a SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification
- have previous experience in the transportation industry, preferably with passenger transportation
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.