Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Human Resources Generalist
Professional Transportation, Inc.
We are looking for an HR Generalist to join our PTI team! This person will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the HR department and business clients through activities related to Human Resources programs and procedures. Our HR Generalist supports them through all areas of HR including onboarding, employee relations, HRIS management, learning and development, and overall administration along with policy and legal compliance. This position requires confidentiality, prioritizing, and organization and report directly to the HR Manager in Evansville, IN.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day support and guidance to clients regarding employee relations questions and issues. Required to navigate various circumstances, interpreting situational data, and applying knowledge of applicable laws, while using common sense and reasoning.
- Conducting thorough investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate regarding issues of disputes, grievances, misconduct, and policy infractions.
- Ensuring positive employee relations by proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair and equitable treatment.
- Conducting and reviewing MVR/background checks and employee eligibility verifications
- Supports HRIS systems to ensure proper functionality, usage, and data integrity across all levels of company.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts effective onboarding and new employee orientation to communicate the vison and culture of the company.
- Supports learning and development programs to ensure effective design and delivery.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy.
- Demonstrate a friendly and outgoing personality with a courteous and professional presence.
- Possess strong verbal, written, and active listening skills.
- Consistently meet and exceed daily goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrate strong detail orientation, strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
- Have strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with customers and business contacts at all levels.
- Have strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel. Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as printers, copiers, faxes, scanners.
- Have the ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Business, Human Resources, or related field; or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- 1+ years of demonstrated Human Resources/employee relations experience.
- SHRM-CP / PHR certification preferred, but not required.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.