Professional Transportation, Inc
This position reports directly to the Human Resources Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Provides support and assistance to Human Resources and business clients through activities related to such functional areas as: talent acquisition, employee relations, HRIS, policy management, salary administration, and learning & development.
- Facilitates the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants for all roles. Collaborates with leaders to understand skills and competencies required for open positions.
- Provides day-to-day support and guidance to clients regarding employee relations questions and issues. Required to navigate various circumstances, interpreting situational data, and applying knowledge of applicable laws, while using common sense and reasoning.
- Conducts thorough investigations and makes recommendations as appropriate regarding issues of disputes, grievances, misconduct, and policy infractions.
- Ensures positive employee relations via proactive employee communication, prompt issue resolution and fair and equitable treatment.
- Supports disability / leave of absence processes, as well as unemployment administration, as needed. Supports HRIS systems to ensure proper functionality, usage, and data integrity across all levels of company.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Conducts effective onboarding and new employee orientation to communicate the vison and culture of the company.
- Supports learning and development programs to ensure effective design and delivery.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Business, Human Resources, or related field; or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- 1+ years of demonstrated Human Resources/employee relations experience.
- SHRM-CP / PHR certification preferred, but not required.
- Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Demonstrate the ability to problem solve and handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy.
- Demonstrate a friendly and outgoing personality with a courteous and professional presence.
- Possess strong verbal, written, and active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with customers and business contacts at all levels.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems, and skilled learning new technical systems as needed.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.