Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Human Resources Manager
Professional Transportation, Inc.
We are looking for a solutions-oriented HR professional focused on enabling employees and improving business operations within the PTI corporate offices and field. This will include the facilitation and execution of key HR strategies and client specific initiatives to recruit, retain, and develop talent across the organization. The HR Manager will help develop and implement process improvements in HR’s service and support to clients, assist with day-to-day operations, and lead various HR initiatives. The HR Manager will showcase their communication skills, employee relations expertise, and organizational savvy to deliver exceptional HR support to our business clients. This position will report directly to the HR Director and will have ~3 direct reports. This position will travel as business needs require but typically ~20%.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- Participating in company-wide workforce and Human Resources initiatives addressing process management, employee development, and HR information systems.
- Help orchestrate employee retention, engagement, and recognition programs.
- Drive talent acquisition and onboarding process with focus on continuous improvement.
- Assumes responsibility for effectively maintaining, reporting, and analyzing employee data and human resources information to provide insights into people metrics.
- Leading training design and implementation for both on-site and remote environments; develop and deliver training.
- Ensuring legal compliance throughout human resource management; ensure positive employee & labor relations.
- Leading and developing a team of HR professionals.
- Providing support as a business partner and handling any complaints or employee relation issues.
- Labor relations and being an active member with our union representatives
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Management/Business, Human Resources, or related field; or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- 3+ years of demonstrated Human Resources/employee relations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
- Demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy with a courteous and professional presence.
- Demonstrated ability to support learning & development programs within a corporate environment, with multiple stake holders and site locations.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the practices and principles of human resources including FMLA, ADA, worker’s compensation, safety administration, benefits, employee relations, and providing consultative services to various client groups.
- Benefits, leave, and payroll management experience preferred.
- Previous experience implementing/utilizing an HRIS tool in a dynamic work environment
- Proven track record of designing and writing HR operational policy and processes
- Proven ability to make judgment calls and sound, ethical decisions displaying a heightened level of responsibility, confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism
- Ability to function well in ambiguous situations and unstructured environments and recognizing when it is appropriate to introduce more structure and process without derailing the current output
- Must possess and continually maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- a SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP or SHRM-CP certification.
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications.
- California HR knowledge/experience.
- have previous experience in the transportation industry, preferably with passenger transportation.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.