Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, organized, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nation’s largest rail crew transportation company as our new Learning & Development Manager.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The primary responsibility is to develop and implement effective learning courses/curriculum for Professional Transportation, Inc. [PTI], leveraging technology and instructional design concepts to deliver measurable results. In addition to PTI, the role is also responsible for supporting the administration and coordination of learning activities within United Companies University. The role is a combination of problem solving, designing, and delivery of learning programs to meet the training/development/compliance needs of internal clients.
- Partner with the Director of HR, HRBP’s and/or business clients to identify learning & development needs, develop/implement training solutions, and build overall L&D strategy for the company.
- Create learning courses/curriculum for PTI necessary to recruit, onboard, and develop employees in the offices as well as field operations.
- Build an L&D strategy related to the short/long-term objectives of United Companies University, while updating a corresponding program/calendar that supports learning opportunities for the workforce.
- Create design documents outlining course objectives, content, assessment, and evaluation criteria.
- Identify core/mandatory classes for delivery, as well as tracking of participation & signatures as needed.
- Develop and maintain instructional materials and content for training programs using effective instructional design methodologies and technologies.
- Develop assessments and metrics to gauge employee performance and program outcomes; transform data into meaningful and engaging executive style summaries/presentations.
- Create, maintain and communicate project/training plans to ensure timely delivery of training materials and programs.
- Organize and assist in developing learning manuals, pre-work and course evaluation procedures (inclusive of multimedia visual aids and other educational materials).
- Stay current on the latest training and development methods and technologies.
- Moderate and facilitate learning workshops as needed, either at corporate offices or field locations.
- Partner with key stakeholders in field operations to build effective manager/supervisor training programs.
- Develop marketing material and communications in conjunction with other team members and managers to promote relevant courses or learning opportunities in a timely manner.
- Promote the use of internal leaders and SMEs, as well as external speakers, to participate in course delivery.
- Work with supervisors and employees to ensure employees have a comprehensive career development plan.
- Assist in the management of external vendor relationships, as needed.
- Travel as business needs require, estimated to be ~15-20%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Behavior, Learning, Instructional Design, Human Resources, or related field.
- 3+ years of progressive learning & development experience.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Proven ability facilitating learning to operational and non-operational leaders.
- Proven knowledge of leadership methodologies and learning strategy development.
- Proven ability to design impactful curriculum and bring energy, engagement, and excitement to the learning environment.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous self-learning and exploration of new trends, strategies, and practices in the learning and development field and sharing across the organization.
- Thorough knowledge of multiple learning technologies preferred, including video conferencing, virtual platforms, use of cameras for streaming, etc.
- Experience creating and delivering presentations to all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office/Teams, video/audio editing suites, SharePoint, and digital product design software.
- Experience with one or more Learning Management Systems [LMS] preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and analytical skills.
- Strong interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis and trends.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.