Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, organized, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nation’s largest rail crew transportation company as our new Logistics Operations Manager!
About PTI – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
As a PTI Manager, you would be working and leading our 365/24/7 Dispatch Center. PTI Logistics Operations Manager oversees the dispatch department that is responsible for dispatching our drivers to transport railroad crew members wherever the railroad customer’s request. This position will also be responsible for making sure Dispatchers are maintaining driver rotations/trip lists using PTI software and professionally answering calls from drivers, field managers, and railroad personnel. This heavily technology-based position will require long hours of computer, typing, and mouse use.
- Manage and oversee the efficient operation of the PTI Central Dispatch Operation, including maintaining proper staffing levels and establishment and implementation of new processes and procedures
- Responsible for administration of annual department budget to attain business goals with operational stability
- Deliver results against a defined scope of work that includes measurable ROI, strategic innovation, performance reporting, and human capital development
- Develop and maintain effective organization of responsibility, including efficient recruiting, training, coaching, recognition, workflow patterns, performance standards, delineation of duties and responsibilities, staffing levels and supervision
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service, knowledge, skills, and morale.
- Emphasize customer care, quality management, workforce planning, recruiting, coaching, and training
- Provide both internal and external customer support by developing and building relationships with railroad personnel as well as all levels of PTI operations management.
- Manage and lead processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience.
- Manage and expand customer and coworker relationships
- Execute efficient workforce management through scheduling, shrinkage, and overtime maintenance within established guidelines
- Report and analyze performance metrics including call efficiency, low abandonment rate, high conversion rates, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Prior experience in a call center/dispatch environment
- College degree in business related field (preferred but not required)
- Have at least 3+ years of people management
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes nights, weekends, holidays, when necessary
- Be self-motivated, independent, and success oriented
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conversational skills
- Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Multiple benefit plan options including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Paid vacation time, sick time, holiday pay, along with the opportunity for overtime
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- Discounted cell phone plans for Verizon and AT&T
- Free gym membership to any Planet Fitness location in the Evansville, Henderson, or Owensboro area
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.