Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible for all aspects of the maintenance function and assist as needed with van outfit and movement to the field. Maintain a record of fleet costs and to maintain control over these costs. Identify efficiencies in all areas of fleet maintenance and reduce vehicle downtime.
Assist in van preparation/movement:
- Ensure vehicles headed to the field are fully equipped and in compliance with existing contracts.
- Sign off on completed vehicle inspection forms on vehicles that are in transit through the Evansville Office
- Ship supplies as needed.
Implement the PTI maintenance process.
- Issue Purchase Orders as needed.
- Use maintenance data to attain target goals for van maintenance.
- Identify high-cost vendors and work with Fleet Manager to find economies.
- Report daily tracking of maintenance dollars spent by Maintenance Dept.
- Work with suppliers to identify used major components, i.e.; Engines, Transmissions and Rear-ends. Keep accurate records that reflect the location of major component.
- Maintain current listing of vehicles down for repairs, issue report daily.
- Support and coordinate vehicle needs for company.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with Fleet organization and with external departments/vendors.
- Capture and record cost savings repairs.
- Negotiate and approve prices and maintenance services with repair vendors.
- Review maintenance request to avoid duplicate and unnecessary services.
- Ensure maintenance and repair work is completed in an expedited manner with minimal impact to operations.
- Order repair parts for maintenance repairs through Romain Buick parts department as needed.
- Attend weekly conference calls with internal customers.
Special projects as assigned
- Attend and be part of internal customer special project teams that work together to develop process improvement.
- Ensure prompt and regular attendance.
- Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Travel as business needs may require.
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work.
- Provide “World Class Customer Service” for internal and external customers.
- Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement.
- Participate on teams to research, measure, and correct problems and to strive for process improvement.
- Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy.
- at least ten (10) credit hours of training each calendar year to continue development of work-related skills.
- High school diploma/equivalent is minimally required.
- Associates Degree preferred
- 1+ years of experience is preferred.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of automobiles with experience using a fleet maintenance program such as Mitchell, All-data, Chilton, M5, Chevin or similar.
- Working toward and ASE or equivalent certification is preferred.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment with excellent communication skills.
- Strong, advanced level, Microsoft Office knowledge, Excel, Word, Outlook, is required. Previous maintenance management or coordinator skills preferred.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.