Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Be a Part of the Nation’s Largest Rail Crew Transportation Company!
About PTI – “Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way”:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations. Taking place thousands of times a day, these trips can range from a few miles to a few hundred miles.
About the Position – Pick-up and Delivery Drivers (P&D Drivers):
This position is primarily responsible for pickup and delivery of inbound and outbound vehicles and to possibly perform vehicle inspection duties as required. This is a part time position with about 10-20 hours of work a week. This position will help move company vehicles to and from the auto shops, detailers, and other venders back to the branch office.
As a P&D Driver, you would be responsible for:
- Pick-up and delivery of vehicles in accordance with company Policy and Procedures
- Obey all traffic laws and regulations, including wearing seat belts, and be committed to using safe driving practices
- Maintain clean MVR (driving record)
- Adhere to Company’s Smoke Free Work Environment; smoking in vehicles is prohibited
- Adhere to Company’s Drug Free Work Environment
- Follow Company procedures regarding lost and found articles, fuel card usage, and travel expense reimbursement
- Usage of radar detection/jamming devices in Company owned vehicles is strictly prohibited
- Verification and inspection of vehicles
- Verify vehicle documentation, including VIN # to ensure vehicle matches the description of management’s pickup/delivery request
- Visually inspect the vehicle for any operational or safety hazards and unidentified damages
- Complete vehicle inspection form / checklist, including any discovery of unreported/unidentified vehicle damages
- Upon review of completed inspection form, communicate and report any defects, mechanical problems or missing items to management
- Be Available for “On Call” Pickup and Delivery of Vehicles
- Possess a flexible schedule and be “on call” as required by management
- Personally maintain a neat and clean appearance while on the job
- Provide excellent customer service, both internally and externally, and in a professional manner
- Follow all rules of conduct outlined in the Employee Handbook/Policies
- Maintain a professional demeanor when interacting with customers, Company employees, vendors, and/or the public
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Possess a current and valid driver’s license with a clean MVR
- Must be able to effectively communicate fluently in English, verbally and in writing
- Must meet the standards of Company’s Drug-Free-Workplace Policy, including passing a pre/post-employment Drug Screen
- Able to work as needed – could include weekends and possibly some holidays. Weather conditions could vary. This position may have some overnight travel, possibly up to 20% of the time.
- Vision must be unimpaired or correctable to 20/20 and must possess or have correctable normal color vision, depth perception and night vision for safe driving during day and night and inclement weather
- Must be able to hear and understand voice communication, either unaided or with hearing devices
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds in standing, bending, and rotating motions and perform tasks in inclement weather conditions
- Good interpersonal skills required
- Ability to read and record applicable vehicle information on appropriate documentation
- Ability to match information on documentation with description of vehicles
- Transportation industry experience desirable
- 2-5 years of driving experience
*This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.