Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, organized, results oriented team leader who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nation’s largest rail crew transportation company as our new Regional Logistics Manager!
About PTI – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
As a PTI Regional Logistics Manager, you would be responsible for the operational effectiveness of trip assignment in assigned territory, ensuring continuous improvement and transportation solutions that align with business strategy. The Regional Logistics Manager will have and maintain high level interface directly with the customer on a proactive and regular basis. This position will be a part of our Dispatch department and provide regional oversight for dispatching our drivers to transport railroad crew members wherever the railroad customer’s request.
- Interface directly with the customer (internal/external) to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and perform tasks for operational execution for assigned territory.
- Identify and/or solve operational issues in real time by evaluating resources, thinking critically, and implementing plans to achieve desired results and meet customer expectations.
- Use continuous improvement principles to identify process improvement opportunities and escalate to the appropriate personnel for follow-up and implementation if applicable.
- Hire, supervise, develop, and manage performance for employees and maintain a positive employee relations environment.
- Maintain open and effective communications within the work group(s) and with other work groups within the organization. Review data, identify and implement necessary actions as required.
- Empower our people to develop, grow, and perform better each day.
- Build teams who are hardworking, adaptable, and innovative.
- Build teams who are driven to speak with our customers and providers so they can relentlessly provide unmatched customer service.
- Create and drive initiatives that support the growth of their team members.
- Maintain working knowledge of the company’s specialty services, internal resources, competitive strategies, and customer requirements.
- Convey and report branch and individual accountability back to key leadership members.
- Deliver clear expectations regarding the role and direction of your team(s).
- Promote and instill a positive work environment that is challenging and engaging.
- Proactively address concerns, conflicts, and interactions with team members.
- Embrace the hiring process by staffing key positions and developing new talent.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in Management/Business, Logistics/Transportation, or related field.
- Have 3+ years in Logistics, Transportation, or industry related field.
- Have 3+ years of people management experience.
- Have experience with Lean principles, systems, and tools preferred.
- Be willing to work a flexible schedule which includes nights, weekends, holidays, when necessary
- Have strong communication, interpersonal, and conversational skills
- Have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be able to quickly adapt and make timely decisions in a complex and fast paced environment.
- Be able to work independently and as member of a team.
- Be detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices.
- Have strong organization, analytical, and computer skills.
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Multiple benefit plan options including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Paid vacation time, sick time, holiday pay, along with the opportunity for overtime
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- Discounted cell phone plans for Verizon and AT&T
- Free gym membership to any Planet Fitness location in the Evansville, Henderson, or Owensboro area
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.