Website Professional Transportation Inc
Do you have a solid understanding of programming and principles? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing organization!
Our Software Engineer will be responsible for working independently and with a team of developers to develop and implement business applications supporting various divisions within United Companies. This includes working with analysts to develop technical specifications to provide enhancements, support current applications, and new development to existing applications, while adhering to United Companies’ standards and guidelines.
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Multiple benefit plan options including medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance options
- Paid vacation time, sick time, holiday pay, along with the opportunity for overtime
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- Discounted cell phone plans for Verizon and AT&T
- Free gym membership to any Planet Fitness location in the Evansville, Henderson, or Owensboro area
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
Our ideal candidate would have:
- 5+ years of experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full life cycle development process, including design, development, testing, and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing software in C#.
- 3+ years of SQL development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related technical discipline is minimally required.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and programming principles, .NET, XML, JSON, SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL, debugging and analyzing code, and working with others to ensure a high-quality product.
- Demonstrated proficiency and competency is required with:
- Visual Studio .NET (ASP, C#, or similar languages)
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- GIT or other source control
- MVC, MVVM
- WCF, Web Services
- Proficiency is preferred with:
- PL/SQL & Oracle or TSQL & Microsoft SQL Server
- XSLT programming
- RESTful Web Services / JSON
- SOAP / XML
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide detailed information and to summarize to various levels of staff, including Management.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
- Ability to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
- Ability to deliver a quality code product as scheduled.
- Ability to understand and apply documentation standards.
- Follow the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, including participating in the following stages: requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
- Serve as a departmental expert on one or more in-house proprietary applications and serve as mentor for other programmers.
- Fully document all changes, new development, and processes. Assist in maintaining departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintenance operation protocols (MOPs).
- Interface with technical and non-technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
- Provide feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
- Develop basic to intermediate designs.
- Code proficiently in the required language(s).
- Contribute to design, code, and test reviews.
- Perform unit testing based upon test plans generated and report results and recommendations to the project leader(s).
- Develop and execute performance, integration, and test plans.
- Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
- Provide meaningful feedback for schedule development on specific code segments and deliver a quality code deliverable as scheduled.
About Professional Transportation Inc.
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.