Website Professional Transportation Inc
Do you have a solid understanding of programming and principles? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing organization!
Professional Transportation, Inc. (PTI) is one of three railroad crew haulers in the United States. A network of 4000 drivers is dispatched electronically to pick up train crews and deliver them to locations requested by the railroads.
PTI has a Microsoft centered application development shop with a vision of running all backend code in .NET Core microservices managed by Kubernetes and provisioned with Hashicorp’s Terraform. Azure Kubernetes Services (AKS) cluster hosts seven microservices and six Azure Event Hub processors that manage the dataflow between us and an Android app running in 900 vans. Plans exist to develop four additional Helm charts that will host applications on internal Kubernetes clusters with RabbitMQ for messaging. Existing code must be ported from .NET Framework to .NET Core. If you’re an experienced C# developer that works with the latest cloud technology or seek to upskill, this is the position for you.
If you’re an experienced C# developer that works with the latest cloud technology or seek to upskill, this is the position for you! Come join our growing team!!!
Full-Time Employee Benefit Options Include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match, including Roth option
- Flexible Spending Accounts and/or Health Savings Accounts, including potential for company contributions based on annual health risk assessments
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary Insurance Policies with options for Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity, and Accidents
- Paid Time Off for Vacation, Sick, and Holidays
This non-remote position is responsible for working independently and with a team of developers to develop and implement business applications supporting various divisions within United Companies. This includes working with analysts to develop technical specifications to provide enhancements, support current applications, and new development to existing applications, while adhering to United Companies’ standards and guidelines. This position reports directly to the Application Development Manager.
- Follow the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, including participating in the following stages: requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation and maintenance.
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
- Serve as departmental expert on one or more in-house proprietary applications including but not limited to CREW©, CREW Nav™ and serve as mentor for other programmers.
- Fully document all changes, new development and processes. Assist in maintaining departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintenance operation protocols (MOPs).
- Interface with technical and non-technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
- Provide feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
- Play a lead role in architecting software solutions.
- Code proficiently in the required language(s).
- Contribute to design, code, and test reviews.
- Perform unit testing based upon test plans generated and report results and recommendations to the project leader(s).
- Develop and execute performance, integration, and test plans.
- Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions).
- Provide meaningful feedback for scheduling development on specific user stories and deliver quality code.
- Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Travel as business needs may require.
Quality & Continuous Improvement:
- Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work.
- Provide “World Class Customer Service” for internal and external customers.
- Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement.
- Participate on teams to research, measure, and correct problems and to strive for process improvement.
- Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy.
- Attend at least ten (10) credit hours of training annually to continue development of work-related skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, MIS, Computer Engineering, Math, or a related technical discipline is minimally required.
- 5+ years of experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process, including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing software in C#.
- 3+ years of SQL Development.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Possess a solid understanding of object-oriented programming and programming principles, .NET, XML, JSON, SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL, debugging and analyzing code, and working with others to ensure a high-quality product.
- Demonstrated proficiency and competency is required with:
- Visual Studio .NET (ASP, C# or similar languages)
- Object-oriented design and analysis
- GIT or other source control
- MVC, MVVM software design patterns
- Proficiency is preferred with:
- PL/SQL & Oracle or TSQL & Microsoft SQL Server
- RESTful Web Services / JSON
- SOAP / XML
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to provide detailed information and to summarize to various levels of staff, including Management.
- Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
- Ability to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
- Ability to deliver a quality code product as scheduled.
- Ability to understand documentation standards
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.