Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Software Engineer II
Professional Transportation, Inc.
Professional Transportation, Inc. is hiring a Software Engineer I position for our IT – Application Development team at our Evansville, Indiana corporate headquarters location. This full-time, salaried, and exempt position is responsible for working independently and with a team of developers to develop and implement business applications supporting various divisions within PTI. This includes working with analysts to develop technical specifications to provide enhancements, support current applications, and new development to existing applications, while adhering to United Companies’ standards and guidelines. This position reports directly to the Program Manager.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
- Following the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process, including participating in the following stages: requirements, analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance.
- Writing and reviewing portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
- Serve as the departmental subject matter expert on one or more in-house proprietary applications, including but not limited to, CREW©, CREW Mobile ™, Aspire, LeasePlus, and serve as mentor for other programmers.
- Fully documenting all changes, new development, and processes. Assist in maintaining departmental standard operating procedures (SOPs) and maintenance operation protocols (MOPs).
- Interfacing with technical and non-technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
- Providing feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
- Developing basic to intermediate designs.
- Coding proficiently in the required language(s).
- Contributing to design, code, and test reviews.
- Performing unit testing based upon test plans generated and report results and recommendations to the project leader(s).
- Developing and executing performance, integration, and test plans.
- Performing support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
- Providing meaningful feedback for schedule development on specific code segment and deliver a quality code deliverable as scheduled.
- Traveling as business needs may require.
- Performing other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process, including design, development, testing, and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
- 5+ years of experience developing software in C#.
- 3+ years of SQL Development.
- Possess a solid understanding of object-oriented programming and programming principles, .NET, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, TSQL, debugging and analyzing code, and working with others to ensure a high-quality product.
- Demonstrate proficiency and competency is required with: Visual Studio .NET 2013 (ASP, C# or similar languages), Object-oriented design and analysis, SQL, TFS or other source control, MVC, WCF.
- Be able to work independently and collaborate with technical and non-technical staff. Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Be able to provide detailed information and to summarize to various levels of staff, including Management.
- Have the ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
- Be able to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
- Be able to deliver a quality code product as scheduled and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
Would love to have someone join our team with these certifications and experience but are not required to apply:
- have previous experience in the transportation industry, preference for passenger transportation.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad, industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than 3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.