Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is responsible ensuring monthly financial statements are prepared accurately and timely. Manage general ledger reconciliations as assigned by Assistant Controller. Assist with special projects for PTI. Support the company’s quality initiatives.
- Preparation and posting of weekly van maintenance payments.
- Reconciliation of van maintenance payments with vendors.
- Process petty cash & expense reimbursements.
- Preparation and posting of various expense reimbursements to general ledger.
- Review and posting of weekly corporate lodging invoice to ensure accuracy of charges.
- Communicate with field employees to ensure expense accounts are coded appropriately.
- Maintain monthly and weekly field payments such as rents, per diem, onboarding process and stipends.
- Assist in any special projects as requested by the Controller and Accounting Supervisor.
- Ensure appropriate approval is obtained before processing all payments.
- Ensure prompt and regular attendance.
- Perform other appropriate duties as may be assigned by Management.
- Effective communication with internal and external customers.
Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Personally commit to quality in all aspects of work.
- Provide World Class Customer Service for internal and external customers.
- Participate in and promote the established Quality Improvement Process (QIP) for continuous improvement.
- Participate on teams to research, measure, and correct problems and to strive for process improvement.
- Communicate and exemplify the Company’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, Values, and Philosophy.
- Attend at least ten (10) credit hours of training each calendar year to continue development of work-related skills
- BS in Accounting or related field with basic accounting knowledge.
- 1+ years of experience is minimally preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work in team environment
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, with an emphasis on Excel at an intermediate level (inclusive of pivot tables, table manipulation, data validation, etc.) is preferred.
- Positive, energetic, dependable, and well organized
- Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify as circumstances or business needs require.