Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Want to get your career moving in the right direction? We are seeking a self-confident, organized, results oriented team member who wants to join our growing organization. Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with an appreciation for structure and standard operating procedures. Come be a part of the nation’s largest rail crew transportation company as our new Transportation Coordinator!
About PTI – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing crew transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Much like a shuttle service, PTI receives around-the-clock requests from our railroad customers to pick up and drop off train crews. PTI dispatchers match up drivers with these trips and the drivers safely transport the crews to their destinations.
As a PTI Trip Coordinator, you would be working for our 365/24/7 Shreveport Command Center. Transportation Coordinators are responsible for safely and efficiently directing field resources, including drivers and vehicles, to fulfill customer demands. This heavily technology-based position will require long hours of computer, typing, and mouse use. No prior experience is required, we will train the right candidate! Multiple scheduling options are available!
- Promptly receive and process customer trip requests and trip amendments through whatever means established.
- Evaluate all available resources using technology and experience and assign trips based on need time, distance to pick-up, driver’s hours of service, etc. to maximize utilization of vehicles and drivers.
- Answer phone calls, texts, and instant messages promptly and professionally, staying available as much as possible while on duty.
- Call/text primary and secondary phone numbers for each driver when necessary to ensure on time arrival.
- Call cab companies when required to help with driver shortages or when required by the location of trip.
- Give complete, accurate information to each driver for each trip/shift.
- Follow-up with drivers and secondaries cab companies prior to need time and promptly communicate any delays to the customer.
- Provide customers with accurate ETAs on each trip-based drive times, road conditions, routes, etc.
- When necessary, call, text, or instant message railroads to obtain information about trips.
- Maintain a neat, clean, and organized station for the duration of the shift.
- Work overtime as required, even if hours are not those of the employee’s regular shift.
- Promote safety and on time performance to all drivers.
- Document every action taken on every trip to allow for an audit trail.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Our ideal candidate would:
- Have prior experience in a call center/dispatch environment
- Have prior experience with data entry or administrative support
- Be self-motivated, independent, and success oriented
- Have strong communication, interpersonal, and conversational skills
- Be well-organized and pay attention to the details
- Be able to think critically and effectively problem solve
- Can work calmly and professionally under pressure to meet deadlines
- Can operate related computer applications and related business equipment
Benefits of Joining PTI:
- Multiple benefit plan options
- Paid vacation time
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- No heavy lifting or long-distance walking
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit intelliapp.driverapponline.com.