Website Professional Transportation, Inc
Do you have a valid driver’s license and enjoy working outdoors? Come join our team as an Unloader! This position is great for anyone who wants to work in a unique environment and doesn’t want to be stuck in an office.
As a PTI Railyard Vehicle Unloader, you will be responsible for safe and quality handling of customer and company property, specifically, movement of vehicles on/off railroad equipment. This position works outside in all types of weather, driving, and unloading vehicles to and from rail cars. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then this is for you.
Our current starting pay is $15.00/hr.
- No prior experience required
- Multiple benefit plan options
- Paid vacation time
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
- Must safely adjust rail cars to set up unloading out of the rail cars.
- Must safely move vehicles off the rail car to set up for pick up or shipment.
- Must drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles, including oversized vehicles.
- Work in tight and narrow spaces.
- Participate in job briefings with the Supervisors and crew prior to work beginning.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), such as safety vest, or high vis shirts, safety glasses at times, hearing protection and safety toe boots, when required.
- Maintain clear communication with other crew members while moving vehicles.
- Inspect all rail equipment and vehicles to ensure there is no damage and notify the operator and supervisor immediately if damage is found.
- Handle all rail equipment and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness and organization within the auto yard facility, attention to the ground surfaces to include (potholes, debris and/or slippery conditions).
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to maintain eRail certification credentials as required by the railroad.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with a variety of individuals.
- Be able to work in all outdoor conditions including (rain, snow, ice, heat, wind, cold, etc.).
- May need to travel throughout the yard/facility by walking or driving.
- Physically demanding position and due to the nature of the environment; requires bending, squatting, leaning, and moving plates to span rail cars.
- Must be able to see and hear moving equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed including weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.