Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
As a PTI Unload/Auto Handler, you will be responsible for safe and quality handling of customer and company property, specifically, movement of vehicles on/off railroad equipment. This position works outside in all types of weather, driving, and unloading vehicles to and from rail cars. If you like a fast-paced, physical position that gets you up and moving, then this is for you!
- Day Shift Hours M-F, plus one weekend day
- No prior experience required
- Multiple benefit plan options
- Paid vacation time
- 401(K) retirement
- On the job training
- Room for growth and advancement within the company
- Must safely adjust rail cars to set up unloading out of the rail cars.
- Must safely move vehicles off the rail car to set up for pick up or shipment.
- Must drive both manual and automatic transmission vehicles, including oversized vehicles.
- Work in tight and narrow spaces.
- Participate in job briefings with the Supervisors and crew prior to work beginning.
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), such as safety vest, or high vis shirts, safety glasses at times, hearing protection and safety toe boots, when required.
- Maintain clear communication with other crew members while moving vehicles.
- Inspect all rail equipment and vehicles to ensure there is no damage and notify the operator and supervisor immediately if damage is found.
- Handle all rail equipment and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness and organization within the auto yard facility, attention to the ground surfaces to include (potholes, debris and/or slippery conditions).
Our ideal candidate must:
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to maintain eRail certification credentials as required by the railroad.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills to coordinate with a variety of individuals.
- Be able to work in all outdoor conditions including (rain, snow, ice, heat, wind, cold, etc.).
- May need to travel throughout the yard/facility by walking or driving.
- Physically demanding position and due to the nature of the environment; requires bending, squatting, leaning, and moving plates to span rail cars.
- Must be able to see and hear moving equipment.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed including weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
About PTI – Where the RIGHT way is the SAFE way:
Professional Transportation, Inc. has been providing transportation services for railroads since 1980 and has an industry reputation for providing quality, reliable, and safe crew transportation services. Our Auto Ramp Services division focuses on supporting the railroad industry with unloading vehicles off rail cars.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements, or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties, and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
To apply for this job please visit www.paycomonline.net.