Website Professional Transportation, Inc.
Workers’ Compensation Claims Administrator
Professional Transportation, Inc.
Professional Transportation, Inc. is hiring a Workers’ Compensation Claims Administrator to join our Claims Team at our Evansville, Indiana corporate headquarters location. This position is part-time (25 hours/week) with a flexible work schedule.
The Workers’ Compensation Administrator is responsible for assisting in the administration of the workers’ compensation program for PTI. The WC Administrator will be responsible for the reporting of work comp claims to our TPA along with submitting supporting documentation to our TPA and utilizing diary protocol. The WC Administrator will assist in the research and follow-up of claims along with being responsible for claims monitoring and administration, report generation, and communication with employees, managers, third-party administrator, medical staff, and lawyers. This position reports directly to the Director of Claims Management.
Our successful hire will be responsible for:
• Providing assistance to managers and employees with the reporting of work comp claims
• Reporting and transmitting work comp claims to our third party administrator
• Assisting with compensability investigation and providing information to third party administrator
• Assisting with coordinating return to work programs
• Monitoring all work comp claims and maintaining a current diary
• Generating monthly reports as requested by management
• Performing other appropriate duties as may be assigned by management
Our ideal candidate would:
• Have a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree.
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience handling insurance claims, preferably worker’s compensation claims.
• Have previous experience using claims management software.
• Have strong computer skills, including proficiency with databases and with Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Be able to demonstrate a strong customer-centered service philosophy.
• Be able to maintain a professional, well-groomed personal appearance.
• Be able to demonstrate a friendly and outgoing personality with a courteous and professional presence.
• Strong interpersonal abilities to deal effectively with customers and business contacts at all levels.
• Possess strong verbal, written, and active listening skills.
• Have the ability to consistently meet and exceed daily goals and objectives.
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills while effectively handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced business environment with competing priorities.
• Demonstrate strong detail orientation.
• Demonstrate strong follow-up and follow-through skills.
• Have the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Have the ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
• Possess a working knowledge of basic office equipment, such as printers, copiers, faxes, scanners.
• Be able to provide detailed information and to summarize to various levels of staff, including Management.
• Have the ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
• Demonstrate a personal commitment to quality in all aspects of work.
This does not necessarily list all responsibilities, duties, requirements or efforts associated with the job. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, the company reserves the right to review and modify the functions, duties and requirements of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as circumstances or business needs require.
About United Companies & Professional Transportation, Inc.:
As part of United Companies, Inc., PTI was founded in 1980 and began its operations, serving as a crew transportation service for Class I railroads in the Midwest. PTI’s focus is on safety, dependability, and on time performance. We focus on over-the-road and dedicated transport services for passengers to some of the biggest companies in the railroad,
industrial manufacturing, and logistics industries.
United Companies, Inc. started in 1964 as a small auto retail and vehicle leasing operation and has evolved into a national and international corporation that continues to honor its original mission statement of being a growth-oriented organization providing quality products and service that exceed customer expectations.
United Companies has evolved into a multifaceted financial and transportation services organization with more than
3,000 corporate accounts in 3 countries, 240 branch locations in the United States and over 5,000 employees nationwide.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit www.professionaltransportationinc.com.